29 Mar Social Media Day and Leveraging the Power of Conferences
Social Media Day and Leveraging the Power of Conferences
About Tyler J. Anderson
Social Media Day San Diego
Tack Web App
Tips for Getting the Most of Conferences:
- Embrace the Fear – Don’t be afraid to talk to stranger. Whether you are walking into a networking event or session, don’t be afraid to introduce to someone. Get out of your comfort zone and network! Stay motivated to network.
- Relationships Form Before the Conference – Many conferences have Facebook or LinkedIn groups that bring together attendees before anyone shows up to the conference. Get involved in these groups or grab the event hashtag and start talking with others who are attending.
- Design Your Schedule – This is a lot more than just picking out the sessions. Determine who you want to meet for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks with. Create a wish list of people that you would like to meet. Do your research on them and then try to create opportunities to meet them. Think about who you can help and then introduce yourself.
- Less Talk, More Listening – You will be a much better conversationalist is you just stop talking and start listening. Whether you are networking with potential customers or thought leaders or everyone in between, listen first. Then be a connector and make an introduction. You will get much farther that way. People will remember that and go the extra mile to repay you for that.
Curating User Generated Content
Tack is a cool web app that allows you curate Instagram content based on either hashtags or locations that react with them in a very easy to use environment. More importantly, Tack allows you to seek the poster’s permission to use that content. It is important to realize that just because you are using someone else’s photo and giving them attribution doesn’t mean you have permission to do so. Tack gives you the ability to obtain the legal rights to use that photo.
The Legalities of Photos Online
- SMSH on SM Legalities: http://casualfridays.com/the-legalities-of-social-media-with-ruth-carter/
- SMSH on Conferences: http://casualfridays.com/7-tips-to-get-the-most-out-of-attending-conferences/
- Social Media Day San Diego http://socialmediadaysandiego.com
- Tack Web App: http://FoundonTack.com